Write reviews for Blether
There is always room for more reviewers at Blether! If you think you would like to contribute to Blether please read the guidelines below - they explain the way Blether operates, what is expected of reviewers and what you might get back in return for your time and effort.
If after reading the guidelines you still want to become a Blether reviewer, please either complete an on-line application form or email us your details at: email@example.com. We will consider your application and if successful you will be sent a username and password for accessing the Reviewers' Only area of the Blether site. From here you can create, edit and manage your own reviews and more.
All you need to become a Blether reviewer is a love of books, access to the internet, a little time, and the desire to share your views with others! If you haven't already done so, you may find it helpful to read some of our existing reviews before considering these guidelines.
The following guidelines provide the basic expectations we have of our reviewers - they may appear daunting or Draconian, in reality they are neither, they exist to protect both us and you. If you have any unanswered questions please email us.
What's in it for you as a reviewer? Well, at the moment you get what we get - a little gratitude and no money! Apart from that you get the satisfaction of seeing your words published on the site, the occasional opportunity to read and review a book before public release and, if you like, a say in the way the site develops.
- We expect reviews to be intelligible, but not necessarily literate.
- Spelling mistakes will not be corrected except where necessary to avoid potential misunderstanding.
- We expect reviews to be devoid of offensive language.
- We will accept reviews of any book. Our view is that if you have read a book and have an opinion about it someone somewhere will be interested to hear it.
- As a guide only, most reviews should be between 300 and 500 words in length.
- Reviews should include a brief synopsis which describes the book without prejudice.
- As a guide only, we expect a minimum of one review every 2 months from each reviewer.
- There is no maximum number of reviews we will accept from a single reviewer.
- We reserve the right to ban a reviewer without explanation.
- We reserve the right to delete a review without explanation.
- We reserve the right to edit reviews without explanation. However, wherever possible reviews will be posted unedited.
- We will accept more than one review of the same title.
- One of the advantages we see Blether having is that visitors will be able to find out a little more about the person reviewing a particular book. All Blether reviewers must complete a reviewer profile before reviews will be accepted.
In addition you have the opportunity to run your own Amazon affiliation through Blether - this way if anyone buys a book at Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk as a result of reading your review you get a small financial reward!